Thursday

Live From Tokyo: Hands On D3 and D300 Impressions: Beefy and Beautiful

Live From Tokyo: Hands On D3 and D300 Impressions: Beefy and Beautiful: "

1211301384_225e8da025.jpgAfter holding the D3 and D300 for several minutes, the Digital Rebel XTi I'm using (blasphemy at a Nikon event, I know) feels like a fucking toy—when I fired the D3 on burst mode, I felt like Arnold firing the minigun in T2 between the rapid clacking and the weight. I've never held a more solid-feeling camera, though. (The D300 isn't exactly a featherweight either, but you won't need to swallow some spinach beforehand.) And the LCD screens: gorgeous. You could watch movies on them. Jump to keep reading and see the D300 from all angles.

I did have a bit of trouble navigating the D3's controls despite the emphatically touted Italian design and had to ask for some help, but I wasn't overly familiar with its predecessor, which could be why I had some trouble. The D300 has a simpler layout, so I had an easier time. But you can look at the huge galleries and decide for yourself on the new layout.



1210464893_b2e2b89653.jpg



The one down spot is that they were really adamant about me not cribbing a sample shot from either camera to upload, the reason being the cameras are stilled considered 'prototypes' and not 'mass production' models. Still, it's a little disappointing/disconcerting.




(Via Gizmodo.)

0 comentários: